In Vesta Control Panel you can change some details for your account – like the password, email address, name etc.
To access the Vesta account preferences:
1. Access your Vesta account.
2. Look at the top menu for your username. Click on it.
3. Here you can change some account settings like: Password – you can enter one yourself, or the system can generate one for you Email Language First Name Last Name Default Name Servers – here you can enter your custom nameservers or leave the system default ones. You can also have the possibility to add more nameservers. Just click the ADD ONE MORE NAME SERVER link.
Unlike cPanel and WHM that has separate ports for secure and unsecure connections, Vesta is using a single port – 8083 – which is not using a SSL certificate by default.
But you can configure an SSL certificate for Vesta.
How to set up an SSL certificate for Vesta login:
1. Connect to your server via SSH as root
2. Edit the file /usr/local/vesta/ssl/certificate.crt and paste in it the certificate. Save the file.
3. Edit the file /usr/local/vesta/ssl/certificate.key and paste in it the key for the certificate. Save the file.
4. Restart the Vesta service. On CentOS use service vesta restart command.