CentOS WebPanel doesn’t set an admin email at the installation time. So you will need set the admin/root email after the installation is complete. When logging in CWP you will see a warning message: WARNING! Your root Email address for notifications isn’t set..
To set up/modify the admin/root email:
- Go to yourdomain.com:2087 and log in as root
- Navigate to CWP Settings->Edit Settings
- Look for the Admin Email field and enter the desired email address. It’s also a good idea to check the option Forward server system emails.
- Click the Save Changes button.
- You will see a notification message: Data Updated. Also, if you enabled the forwarning option, another message will be: root forwarder file detected, all root emails are forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The short video tutorial for this article: