In this knowledge base post we will show you how to add a DNS record to your domain.
To add a DNS record for you domain in Vesta:
1. Access the Vesta CP
2. From top menu choose DNS.
3. Look for your domain in the list and click the ADD RECORD button
4. In the new window, enter: Record – the new record that you want to create Type – choose the record type. You can select from: A, AAAA, NS, CNAME, MX, TXT, SRV, DNSKEY, KEY, IPSECKEY, PTR, SPF, TLSA. IP or Value – enter the IP or value, depending on the record type Priority – the priority for the record, an optional field.
5. Click Add button. The new DNS record will be added to the domain name records.
Vesta can generate backups for your domains. It’s always a good idea to have backups for your domains. You should keep them onsite but also offsite.
How to work with backups in Vesta CP:
1. Navigate to your Vesta Control Panel
2. From the top menu click on Backup
3. To create a new backup, use the CREATE BACKUP button. You will receive an email when the process is done. Also, you will see the new backup in the list. A message will appear Task has been added to the queue. You will receive an email notification when your backup is ready for download.
4. Other operations that you can do with backups.
– you can download archives via the DOWNLOAD button
– you can restore a full backup or parts of the backup by the CONFIGURE RESTORE SETTINGS button.
– you can delete a backup with the DELETE button
Before creating a new user (that will be able to add new web domains) in VestaCP you need to create a new package.
To create a new web hosting package in VestaCP:
1. Log into Vesta Control Panel as admin
2. From top menu choose Packages
3. You will see the web hosting packages list. To create a new one, click the ADD PACKAGE button.
4. Now enter the package details. When done, click the Add button. The new package will be created and you will see it in the packages list. Also a message will be displayed Package package_name has been created successfully.
Vesta allows you to configure many options for new packages:
Package Name – the desired package name
Web/ Proxy/ DNS Template
SSH Access – if you want to allow SSH access or not.
Web Domains – how many domains the package will allow
Web Aliases – how many web aliases per domain the package will allow
Mail Domains – how many domains will be able to use the mail service
Mail Accounts – how many mail accounts per domain will be allowed
Databases – no of databases
Cron Jobs – no of cronjobs
Backups – no of backups
Quota – the max disk space (in megabytes)
Bandwidth – the max bandwith (in megabytes)
To edit or delete a package, just click the Edit/Delete buttons from the package row.
You created a new site and you want to set up an email account? You can create email accounts via the Vesta interface.
How to create email accounts in Vesta:
1. Log into Vesta CP
2. From top menu choose Mail.
3. Look for the domain on which you want to create a new email account and click the ADD ACCOUNT button.
4. Enter the account name – like john , and your email address will be email@example.com. Also enter the password – notice that the system can generate a password.
On the right side of the screen you will see the mail server connection details.
5. Click the Add button. The email account will be created and you will be able to access it via IMAP/SMTP or via webmail.
We will show in this article how to create a new cron job in VestaCP. Cron jobs are automated tasks that run on server at specific time intervals.
To configure cron jobs in Vesta:
1. Connect to your VestaCP account
2. Look at the top of the page for CRON link. Click on it.
3. You will see the list of the cron jobs. To create a new one, click the ADD CRON JOB button
4. Enter the Command (usually it’s the “php /path/to/the/script.php”) and the interval at which do you want the cron job to be executed. VestaCP has some predefined values – choose the value you want and click the Generate button.
5. Click the Add button. You will see a confirmation message Cron job has been created successfully.
6. You can also EDIT or DELETE cron jobs. Use the buttons on the right side.
You can check the cron jobs with the command crontab -u username -l :