cPanel v66 introduced a new option – Number of emails a domain may send per day before the system sends a notification. With this option, the system will send you a message when a domain exceeds the specified number of daily emails.
cPanel Note: The system counts outbound mail from subdomains and addon domains separately from their parent domain.
By default, the option is set to Unlimited. You can set any value you want – like 10, 100 etc.
To set a value for this new WHM/cPanel option:
- Log into WHM as root
- Go to Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings
- From the top menu click on the Mail tab
- Look for the option Number of emails a domain may send per day before the system sends a notification
- Choose Unlimited or enter a value (10,100 etc)
- Scroll down the page and click the Save button
- You will see the confirmation message:
Your changes have been saved.
Restarting cPanel daemons…done.
Updating your system to reflect any changes…
Updating “Number of emails a domain may send per day before the system sends a notification.” from “10” to “100”.
“Number of emails a domain may send per day before the system sends a notification.” was updated.
When the condition is triggered, you will receive a message stating that The domain demo123.com on account demo123 exceeded the maximum number of emails per hour. The domain violated its domain-level limit, which is currently 100.