Many users ask us how they can see the .htaccess files for their websites in cPanel File Manager. By default, such files are not shown. To see the hidden files in cPanel File Manager follow these steps:
- Log into your cPanel account
- Go to File Manager (Files Section)
- Click the top-right Settings button.
- Then on the Preferences window, check the option Show Hidden Files (dotfiles)
- Confirm the action by clicking the Save button
- Now you will see all hidden files (including .htaccess files) in File Manager.
Show hidden files in cPanel
The video tutorial is here: