Vesta Control Panel is offered for free, however, they are offering two paid plugins that we recommend to buy. They are SFTP Chroot and Web File Manager. We will discuss here the first one.
Also check the other KB article Vesta Web File Manager plugin
Check more details and buy the plugin at https://vestacp.com/features/#sftpchroot It’s $1/month or $18/lifetime.
What does the SFTP plugin?
Restrict users so that they cannot use SSH and access only their home directory.
To install SFTP Chroot plugin:
1. Log into Vesta installation
2. From top menu choose Server item
3. Click the Configure button
4. Scroll down and click the Vesta Control Panel Plugins link
5. Look for SFTP Chroot entry, click the yes option from the drop-down menu and enter the License Key.
You can find the License Key in the email you will receive from Vesta after ordering the plugin.
6. Apply the settings by hitting the Save button at the bottom of the page.
7. You will see a message: License Activated. The plugin is now installed and users are protected.