Windows File Explorer is the default file manager in Windows 10. Many persons don’t know that File Explorer can also be used as a FTP Manager.
The File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is a standard network protocol used for the transfer of computer files between a client and server on a computer network.
To connect to your web hosting account via FTP with File Explorer:
- Open Windows File Explorer (or My Computer in previous Windows versions)
- In the top address bar type your server address – like ftp://domainname.com or ftp://IP and press the Enter key or click the Go button from the right side.
- Enter the username and the password for your FTP account and click the Log On button.
- Connection will be established and you will see the contents of your account.
- When you finish working with the remote files, just close the File Explorer window.
The movie tutorial for this post: